Today we have released the Camera Remote API beta SDK v2.00, which adds support for the new Action Cams, FDR-X1000 and HDR-AS200, announced last week. The update also includes several exciting new API features such as loop recording, advanced audio settings and wind noise reduction.
New API features introduced
With the new features enabled in the Camera Remote API beta SDK, you can develop apps that even further allow you to remotely control camera settings, shooting, transferring images, and play movies. See the list below to learn about the new features that has been added. You can also find out more in the API references included in the Camera Remote API beta SDK.
- Loop recording. Makes it possible to loop and overwrite recordings while existing files are kept securely.
- Loop recording time, which can be set to record for 5, 20, 60, 120, or unlimited minutes.
- White balance. Adds the possibility to automatically or manually adjust the color temperature. If you use the one push function, you can let the camera capture an image for a white balance custom setup.
- Wind noise reduction. Offers high-quality stereo sound recordings with less noise.
- Audio recording setting. Enables you to select and change the audio settings.
Two new Action Cams supported
With the updated Camera Remote API beta SDK, support has also been added for the new Action Cams FDR-X1000 and HDR-AS200, announced at the CES 2015 event in Las Vegas, USA.
Action Cam FDR-X1000
The 4K Action Cam FDR-X1000, equipped with Wi-Fi and GPS, makes it possible to record pro-level footage in 4K resolution with advanced image stabilization and stereo audio. Get all the specifications for the FDR-X1000 in the device gallery.
Action Cam HDR-AS200
The Full HD Action Cam HDR-AS200 offers 3x more effective SteadyShot image stabilization compared to previous models. As for the FDR-X1000, it’s equipped with Wi-Fi, GPS, and an ultra wide, up to 170o, pro quality ZEISS ® lens and a splash proof body. Get all the specifications for the HDR-AS200 in the device gallery.
Get started with the Camera Remote API beta SDK
Download the Camera Remote API beta SDK and get started developing for Sony’s cameras already today. The Camera Remote API beta SDK includes API references, a development guide, and sample code for iOS and Android. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a comment below!