Hero Open Source Developer
One of the goals in Sony’s Open Device projects is to replace as many pre-built binaries as possible with features and functionalities that can be built from AOSP source code. In this on-going work, we have received important contributions from many of you open source community developers. To recognize your work, we will acknowledge a selected Hero Open Source Developer once every three months.
The Hero Open Source Developer will be the person who submits the best accepted commits to any open source project or to our Open Device projects on SonyXperiaDev GitHub. The Hero Open Source Developer will be presented here and will receive a device from Sony as a reward.
To take part and potentially become a Hero Open Source Developer, simply submit your commits to our Open Device projects on the SonyXperiaDev GitHub.
Anyone submitting to our open source projects can be selected as Hero Open Source Developer, except for Sony Mobile partners or employees working with Sony Developer World. A developer cannot be selected as Hero Open Source Developer more than once per year. We will select a new winner once every four months.
We look forward to your contribution!
- Liang Shuang, November 2020
- Konrad Dybcio, July 2020
- Marijn Suijten, April 2020
- Paul Bouchara, January 2020
- Felix Elsner , May 2019
- Marijn Suijten, February 2019
- Obeida Shamoun, November 2018
- Steph Gosling, August 2018
- Pavel Dubrova, May 2018
See our previous Hero Open Source Developers from 2015-2016.
Rules to become a Hero Open Source Developer
- We evaluate which are the best contributions.
- Submit your commits to any open source project or to our Open Device projects on SonyXperiaDev GitHub.
- New winner once every three months.
- Only possible to win once per year.
Please read the Github Terms of Services before you submit any contribution.