- Pocket camera with professional-grade performance.
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with up to 10 fps shooting and Full HD video. (1)
- Fast Hybrid AF includes phase-detection for DSLR-like focus.
- Bright XGA OLED viewfinder for 100% coverage.
- Wi-Fi® sharing and downloadable camera apps. (1, 2)
- DSLR-like operation with new intuitive Quick Navi controls.
- Multi-interface Smart Accessory Shoe for system accessories.
- Built-in Guide Number 6 flash brightens the scene.
- 11 exciting Picture Effects for stills and videos.
- Photo Creativity for easy image adjustments.
- Exmor™ APS HD CMOS Imaging sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 16.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 16.1 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- Color Space: sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 4912 x 2760 (14M), M: 3568 x 2000 (7.1M), S: 2448 x 1376 (3.4M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 4912 x 3264 (16M),M: 3568 x 2368 (8.4M),S: 2448 x 1624 (4M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical : 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Horizontal Std: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical Std: 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Video Format: AVCHD Ver. 2.0 (Progressive), AVCHD, MP4
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS – 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps MP4: HD – 1440 x 1080/ 30fps@12Mbps VGA – 640 x 480/ 30fps@3Mbps
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphones
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural speaker (volume settings in 8 steps between 0 and 7)
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
Optics and Lens specifications
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount lenses
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4x (still images and Video) Smart Zoom (M: approx. 1.4x, S:approx. 2x)
- Type: 1.3 cm (0.5 type) Electronic viewfinder. 2,359,296 dots. Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece, 21mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(diopter). Display: Basic info, levels, histogram. Brightness control: Auto, Manual (3 steps between -1 and 1)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4m-1 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Field of View: 100% coverage
- LCD Type: 3.0″ (7.5cm) wide type TFT (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Up: Approx. 90 degrees, Down: Approx. 45 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Real-time image adjustment display
- Peaking (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Customization: Graphic display/Display all info/Big font size display/No display info/Levels/Histogram/Viewfinder
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF) with “Exmor” APS HD CMOS sensor
- Focus Points: 99 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: AF-S: Single-shot AF, AF-C: Continuous AF
- Focus Area: Multi Point (99 points(phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-AF)), Center-weighted, Flexible Spot
- Focus Sensitivity: 0 EV to +20 EV (at ISO100 conversion with F2.8 lens attached)
- Manual Focus Assist
- Focus Features: Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-Start AF (with LA-EA2, sold separately)
- AF Illuminator: Built-in, LED type (with a range of approx. 0.3-3.0m)
- 11 of picture effects types (in 15 variations): Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature
- Auto Exposure Lock: AE is locked when the shutter button is half pressed (ON/OFF is available in MENU)
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, B/W (Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps))
- Exposure Bracketing: With 1/3, 2/3, 1, 2, 3EV increments, 3 frames
- Exposure Compensation for Still images: +/- 3.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Exposure Compensation for Videos: +/- 2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO: Still images: Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-25600) Videos: Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-6400)
- Metering: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: 0EV-20EV, (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens)
- Noise Reduction: Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second) High ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low)
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, C.Tem (2500 to 9900K), C.Filter (G7 to M7,A7 to B7), Custom
- Burst Buffer: When used with SD (UHS-I compliant) memory card Continuous shooting Hi: Extra FINE 15, FINE 24, STD 29, RAW 15, RAW+JPEG 12 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (8 fps): Extra FINE 20, FINE 28, STD 31, RAW 19, RAW+JPEG 18 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (10 fps): Extra FINE 20, FINE 26, STD 28 When used with Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo Continuous shooting Hi: Extra FINE 14, FINE 18, STD 20, RAW 13, RAW+JPEG 11 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (8 fps): Extra FINE 17, FINE 20, STD 24, RAW 17, RAW+JPEG 16 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (10 fps): Extra FINE 18, FINE 22, STD 24
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: max. 3 fps Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: max. 10 fps
- Drive Mode: Single-shot, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2s delay selectable), Self-timer (10/2s delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing, Remote Cdr
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160 s
- Self-timer: 2s or 10s delay (single, continuous 3 or 5 frames)
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30s (Bulb). Videos: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter)
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Flash Compensation: +/- 2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: FOV coverage up to 16 mm (in the focal length)
- Flash Modes: Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear sync., Slow sync., Rear Sync., Flash Off, Wireless (with external flash sold seperately)
- Flash Type: Built-in flash. Sony α System Flash (Compatible with Multi Interface Shoe and Auto-lock accessory shoe with the adaptor ADP-MAA, sol seperately)
- Guide Number: 6 (in meters at ISO 100 equivalent)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 4 sec.
- Still Image Playback Options: Single, 6/12-frame index view, Enlarged display mode, Panorama (Standard), Panorama (Wide): 34x), Auto Review, Image orientation, Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection, Delete, Protect
- Video Playback Options: Forward/Rewind
- Face Detection (maximum 8 faces)
- Smile Shutter™ technology
- Tracking Focus
- Advanced User Interface: Easy-to-understand Graphic Display and on-screen Help Guide User-friendly function menu
- Anti Motion Blur: 6-image layering
- Auto High Dynamic Range
- Shooting Tips
- Sweep Panorama
- Accessory Shoe: Yes (with the adaptor ADP-MAA, sold separately).
- BRAVIA® Sync™: Yes, via HDMI with compatible BRAVIA HDTV
- HD Output: HDMI® (TypeC mini), BRAVIA Sync, Photo TV HD
- Memory Card Slot: Dual slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media – SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- PhotoTV HD
- USB Port(s): USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Multi Interface Shoe
Weight and Measurements
- Dimensions: 4 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 1 1/16″ (119.9 x 66.9 x 42.6mm)
- Weight: 12.2 oz (345g) with battery & media
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Power Consumption (in Operation shooting Still images): approx. 2.5W(with E PZ16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Power Consumption (in Operation shooting Videos): approx.3.9W(with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached))
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation while shooting Still images): approx. 3.3W(with E PZ16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation while shooting Videos): approx.4.1W (with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X (v10.3-10.8)
- Lens compensation: Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Help guide
- Area Setting
- Clock Function
- Eye-Fi ready
- Shop Front Mode
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Send to Computer: Yes
- View on Smartphone: Yes
- View on TV: Yes
In The Box
- NP-FW50 rechargeable battery
- AC-UB10 AC adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
1. Records in up to 29 minutes segments.
2. In meters, IS0 100
3. Requires 3D HDTV, HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps) and active 3D glasses sold separately.
5. Attaching Sony A-mount lens requires LA-EA1 (note: Autofocus available with SSM and SAM series lenses when using LA-EA1) or LA-EA2 adaptors (sold separately).
6. Compatible with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync™ HDTVs connected via HDMI®.
7. Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage. Battery capacity decreases over time and use.
8. Requires compatible BRAVIA® HDTV and HDMI® cable sold separately.
9. Auto Focus function available with Sony E-Mount lenses and Sony A-mount SSM and SAM series lenses when using LA-EA1.
10. Files compatible with iMovie® ’09 or later on Mac. Software not compatible with Mac OS® X.
11. Requires an active 802.11 Wi-Fi network (802.11n recommended) or PlayMemories Mobile™ app installed on compatible Android™ or iOS device. PlayMemories camera apps require download with existing Sony Entertainment Network account. Download available in all countries/areas where Sony Entertainment Network is available.