- DSLR-quality in about half the size and weight.
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with fast 10 fps shooting speed.
- Fast Hybrid phase-detection AF for DSLR-like focus.
- Full HD video recording for capturing life’s moments.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi® or NFC.
- 180° tilt-able touch-screen LCD for easy self-portraits.
- Easy intuitive interface with improved control dial.
- Unlimited creativity with 11 built-in Picture Effects.
- Up to ISO 25600 provides versatile low-light performance.
- Photo Creativity Touch for easy image adjustments.
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount, operation with Minolta/Konica Minolta Maxxum A-mount lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA1/LA-EA2 adaptor
- Exmor® APS HD CMOS Imaging sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- BIONZ™ image processor
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 16.1M pixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 16.1 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media; SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- Color Space: Stills: sRGB, AdobeRGB Video: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 16.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 4912 x 2760 (7.1 MP), M:3568 x 2000(7.1 MP), S: 2448 x 1376 (3.4 MP)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 4912 x 3264 (16 MP), M: 3568 x 2368 (8.4 MP) , S: 2448 x 1624 (4 MP)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Horizontal Std.: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical Wide: 2,160 x 5,536 (12M), Vertical Std.: 2,160 x 3,872 (8.4M), 3D Sweep Panorama: N/A
- Video Mode: AVCHD / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264))
- Video Resolution: AVCHD: PS – 1920 x 1080/ 60p @ 28Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/ 60i @ 24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/ 60i @ 17Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/ 24p @ 24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/ 24p @ 17Mbps MP4: HD – 1440 x 1080/ 30p @ 12Mbps VGA – 640 x 480/ 30p @ 3Mbps
- Video Signal: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC
- Microphone: Built-in Stereo Microphone
- Speaker: Built-in monaural speaker
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3format)
Optics and Lens Specifications
- Aperture (Max.): f/3.5 – 5.6
- Aperture (Min.): f/22 – F32
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4x
- AF for Video Capture: Contrast AF
- Angle of View: 83°-32°
- Aperture Blade: 7 Blades
- Aspheric Elements: 1 ED element, 3 aspheric elements
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 2-5/8″ x 1-13/16 (64.7 x 29.9mm)
- Direct Manual Focus
- EV Compensation: Still images: +/-3.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable) Videos: +/-2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- LCD Type: 3.0” (7.5cm) Touchscreen TFT LCD (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Tilt angle: Up: 180 degrees; Down: Approx. 50 degrees
- Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 to +2)
- Coverage: 100%
- Live View: Continuous Live View
- Real-time image adjustment display: On/Off
- Histogram: Yes (On/off)
- Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Grid Display: Yes (Rule of Thirds, 4×6 Square, Diagonal & 4×6 Square Grids, Off)
- Customization: Grid, Histogram display, Digital Level Gauge, Grid Line, Magnified display for playback
- Touch Panel
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Points: 99 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: Single-shot AF(AF-S), Continuous AF(AF-C), Auto Focus, Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Multi Point AF (99 points for phase-detection AF, 25 points for contrast-detection AF), Center-weighted, Flexible, Spot
- Focus Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Manual Focus Assist: MF Assist (4.8x, 9.6x)
- Focus Features: Predictive control (AF-A, AF-C), Focus Lock
- AF Illuminator (with built-in LED type)
- 11 picture effect modes (with 15 effects): Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast, Mono, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature
- Auto Exposure Lock: Yes (AE Lock button). Can be disabled from menu
- Color Temperature: 2500 – 9900K with 15-step each Magenta/Green compensation (G7 to M7), Amber/Blue (A7 to B7), Custom
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait , Landscape, Sunset, Black & White (Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps)
- D-Range Optimizer
- Exposure Bracketing: 3 continuous or single shots in 1/3 or 2/3 EV steps
- Exposure Compensation for Still images: +/-3.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Compensation for Videos: +/-2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO: Stills: ISO 100-25600 selectable in 1 EV steps, Auto (100-3200) Videos: ISO 100-6400 selectable in 1 EV steps, Auto (100-3200)
- Metering: Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure ( available of shutter speeds longer than 1 sec)
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, Color temperature range 2500 to 9900K, Custom
- Burst Buffer: JPEG Standard (11 shots) JPEG Fine (11 shots) RAW (10 shots) RAW+JPEG (9 shots)
- Drive Mode: Single-shot, Continuous, Speed Priority Continuous, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec. delay; 3/5 exposures), Bracketing
- Self-timer: 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec, Bulb Videos: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps) Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Flash Bracketing: ±2.0 EV
- Flash Compensation: ±2.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: 16 mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable)
- Flash Type: External flash (supplied) attachable to Smart Accessory Terminal2
- Guide Number: 7 (in meters at ISO100)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 4 sec.
- Self Timer
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Media/Battery Indicator
- Power Save Mode
- Still Image Playback Options: Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Still)
- Video Playback Options: Forward/Rewind (Video)
- Multiple Language Display
- View & Index: Single (with or without shooting information), RGB histogram and highlight/shadow warning,4/9-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 13.6x, M: 9.9x, S: 6.8x), Auto Review (10/5/2sec, Off), Image orientation (On/Off), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (still), Forward/Rewind (Video), Delete, Protect
- Face Detection (maximum eight faces detected)
- Smile Shutter™ technology
- Image Stabilization: Lens-based (where applicable)
- Intelligent Auto
- x.v.Color™: x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable
- Superior Auto
- Tracking Focus
- Anti Motion Blur
- Auto High Dynamic Range: Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Photo Creativity
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection)
- Shooting Tips
- Sweep Panorama
In The Box
- Flash and flash case
- NP-FW50 rechargeable battery
- AC-UB10 AC adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Micro USB cable
1. Records in up to 29 minutes segments.
5. Attaching Sony A-mount lens requires LA-EA1 (note: Autofocus available with SSM and SAM series lenses when using LA-EA1) or LA-EA2 adaptors (sold separately).
6. Compatible with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync™ HDTVs connected via HDMI®.
7. Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage. Battery capacity decreases over time and use.
8. Requires compatible BRAVIA® HDTV and cable sold separately
9. Auto Focus function available with Sony E-Mount lenses and Sony A-mount SSM and SAM series lenses when using LA-EA1.
10. Files compatible with iMovie® ’09 or later on Mac. Software not compatible with Mac OS® X.