The Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
- DSLR-quality in about half the size and weight.
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with fast up to 10 fps shooting speed.
- Fast Hybrid AF includes phase-detection for DSLR-like focus.
- Full HD movie shooting at 60p/24p with full exposure control1
- Wi-Fi® sharing and downloadable camera apps2.
- 180° tilt-able touch-screen LCD for easy self-portraits.
- Easy intuitive interface with improved control dial.
- Unlimited creativity with 11 built-in Picture Effects.
- Up to ISO 25600 provides versatile low-light performance.
- Photo Creativity Touch for easy image adjustments.
- Exmor™ APS HD CMOS Imaging sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 16.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 16.1 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- Color Space: sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 4912 x 2760 (14M), M: 3568 x 2000 (7.1M), S: 2448 x 1376 (3.4M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 4912 x 3264 (16M),M: 3568 x 2368 (8.4M),S: 2448 x 1624 (4M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical : 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Horizontal Std: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical Std: 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Video Format: AVCHD Ver. 2.0 (Progressive), AVCHD, MP4
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS – 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps FX – 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps FH – 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps MP4: HD – 1440 x 1080/ 30fps@12Mbps VGA – 640 x 480/ 30fps@3Mbps
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphones or ECM-SST1 (sold separately)
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural speaker (volume settings in 8 steps between 0 and 7)
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
Optics and Lens specifications
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount lenses
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4x (still images and videos)
- LCD Type: 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment Up: Approx. 180 degrees,
- Angle Adjustment Down: Approx. 50 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Real-time image adjustment display
- Peaking (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Customization: Graphic display/Display all info/Big font size display/No display info/Levels/Histogram/Viewfinder
- Touch Panel (Touch Shutter)
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF) with “Exmor” APS HD CMOS sensor
- Focus Points: 99 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: AF-S: Single-shot AF, AF-C: Continuous AF
- Focus Sensitivity: 0 EV to +20 EV (at ISO100 conversion with F2.8 lens attached)
- Manual Focus Assist (4.8x, 9.6x)
- Focus Features: Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-Start AF (with FDA-EV1S and LA-EA2, sold separately)
- AF Illuminator: Built-in, LED type (with a range of approx. 0.3-3.0m, with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- 11 types of picture effects (with 15 variations): Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature
- Auto Exposure Lock: AE is locked when the shutter button is half pressed (ON/OFF is available in MENU)
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, B/W (Contrast (-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps))
- Exposure Bracketing: With 1/3, 2/3, 1, 2, 3EV increments, 3 frames
- Exposure Compensation: Still images: +/- 3.0EV (1/3EV steps), Videos: +/- 2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO: Still images: Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-25600) Videos: Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-6400)
- Metering: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: 0EV-20EV (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens)
- Noise Reduction: Long Exposure, High ISO
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, C.Tem (2500 to 9900K), C.Filter (G7 to M7,A7 to B7), Custom
- Burst Buffer: Fine: 15 frames, Standard: 16 frames, RAW:11 frames, RAW&JPG: 10 frames (with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous (up to 3 fps), Speed Priority (up to 10 fps)
- Drive Mode: Single-shot, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Bracketing, Remote Cdr
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160s
- Self-timer: 2s or 10s delay (single, continuous 3 or 5 frames)
- Shutter Speeds (Still images): Still images: 1/4000 to 30s (Bulb).
- Shutter Speeds (Videos): 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter)
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Flash Compensation: +/- 2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: FOV coverage up to 16 mm (in the focal length)
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear sync., Slow sync., Rear Sync., Flash Off
- Flash Type: External flash (supplied) attachable to Smart Accessory Terminal “Smart Terminal II” (sold separately)
- Guide Number: 7 (in meters at ISO 100 equivalent)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 4 sec.
- Self Timer: Yes (3 sec delay/Off selectable)
- Still Image Playback Options: Single, 6/12-frame index view, Enlarged display mode, Panorama (Standard), Panorama (Wide): 34x), Auto Review, Image orientation, Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection, Delete, Protect
- Video Playback Options: Forward/Rewind
- Face Detection (maximum 8 faces)
- Smile Shutter™ technology
- Tracking Focus
- Auto High Dynamic Range
- Shooting Tips
- Sweep Panorama
- HD Output: HDMI® (TypeC mini), BRAVIA Sync, Photo TV HD
- PhotoTV HD
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions: 4 3/8 x 2 3/8 x 1 9/16″ (110.8 x 58.8 x 38.9mm)
- Weight: 9.7 oz (276g) (with battery & media)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Power Consumption (in Operation while shooting Still images): 2.7W (with SEL-1855mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Power Consumption (in Operation while shooting Videos): 4.0W (with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X (v10.3-10.8)
- Lens compensation: Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- PlayMemories Camera Apps
- Send to Computer
- View on Smartphone
- View on TV
In The Box
- Flash and flash case
- NP-FW50 rechargeable battery
- AC-UB10 AC adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Micro USB cable
- 1. Records in up to 29 minutes segments.
- 2. Requires an active 802.11 Wi-Fi network (802.11n recommended) or PlayMemories Mobile™ app installed on compatible Android™ or iOS device. PlayMemories camera apps require download with existing Sony Entertainment Network account. Download available in all countries/areas where Sony Entertainment Network is available.