- ZEISS®Vario-Sonnar T* lens for high depiction
- 20.1 MP (effective) 1.0-type Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
- Super slow motion at maximum of 40x
- Super-high-speed shutter of 1/32000 sec.
- Up to 16fps continuous shooting without blackout
- 180˚ tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
- Control ring for advanced photography
- Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder for inspired shooting
- Connect to smartphones and tablets with one touch
- Rapid AF response to capture decisive moments
- Direct 4K movie recording via camera alone
- Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA)
- Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (CIPA compliant): Approx. 101.6 mm x 58.1 mm x 41.0 mm (approx. 4 x 2 3/8 x 1 5/8 in.)
- Weight (CIPA compliant): Approx. 298 g (approx. 10.5 oz) (Battery and Memory Stick Duo include) / Approx. 271 g (approx. 9.6 oz) (Body only)
- Sensor Type: 1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number of Pixels: [Effective] Approx. 20.1 megapixels / [Gross] Approx. 21.0 megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspherical elements including AA lens)
- F-number (maximum aperture): F1.8 (W) – 2.8 (T)
- Aperture Type: Iris diaphragm (7 blades)
- ND Filter: Auto / On (3 steps) / Off
- Focal Length (f =): f = 8.8-25.7mm
- Focal Length (f=) 35mm format equivalent: [Still Image 3:2] f= 24-70mm [Still Image 16:9] f= 26-76mm / [Still Image 4:3] f= 25- 73mm [Still Image 1:1] f= 30.5-89mm / [Movie 16:9] f= 25.5-74mm (SteadyShot Standard), f= 30-86mm (SteadyShot Active), f= 33.5- 95mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active) / [Movie 4K 16:9] f=28-80mm (SteadyShot Standard), [HFR 960fps] f=42-118mm (Quality Priority), f=60-170mm (Shoot Time Priority) / [HFR 480fps] f=28-80mm (Quality Priority), f=42- 118mm (Shoot Time Priority) / [HFR 240fps] f=26-75mm (Quality Priority), f=28-80mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- Focus Range (from the front of the lens): AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.17 ft.) to Infinity / T: Approx. 30cm (0.99 ft.) to Infinity)
- Optical Zoom: 2.9 x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Clear Image Zoom1: [Still Image] Approx. 5.8x / [Movie] Approx. 5.8x
- Digital Zoom1: [Still Image] Approx. 11x / [Movie] Approx. 11x
- Screen Type: 7.5 cm (3.0 type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Adjustable angle: Up: approx. 180 degrees, down: approx. 45 degrees
- Screen type / Number of dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Brightness Control: Auto/Manual (5 steps)
- Field coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 (dioptre) (35mm equiv.)
- Eye-point: Approx. 20mm from the eyepiece, 19.2mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (dioptre) (CIPA standard)
- Diopter: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Imaging Processor BIONZ: Yes (BIONZ X)
- SteadyShot: [Still Image] Optical / [Movie] Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti Rolling type)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF / Continuous AF / DMF / Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Lock on AF (Wide/Center/Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Lock on AF: Yes
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- Exposure Control: Yes
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)2: Auto (ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper/ lower limit), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100). Multi Frame NR : Auto (ISO 125- 12800), 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 256003
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie) Auto (ISO 125 -ISO 12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto: 1.2 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30″)
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor.: Warm White / Fluor.: Cool White / Fluor.: Day White / Fluor.: Daylight / Flash / C.Temp. / Filter / Custom
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4″ – 1/2000) / Program Auto (30″ – 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30″ – 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/2000)
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4″ – 1/32000) / Program Auto(30″ – 1/32000) / Manual (30″ – 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/32000)
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Colour Space (sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW&JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / Standard)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 sec. High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step))
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum)4: Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16 fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5 fps 5
- Self-Timer: 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Drive modes: Single, Continuous shooting, Speed priority continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Single-bracketing6, Cont.-bracketing6, White balance bracketing*6, DRO bracketing6
- Panorama: Sweep Panorama
- Photo Creativity: Yes
- Picture Effect: [Still Image] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolour, Illustration / [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Colour, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Colour, High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile: Off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset）
- Flash: [Flash Mode] Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off [Flash Range] ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 10.2m (1.31 ft. to 33.46 ft.) (W) / Approx. 0.4 m to 6.5 m (1.31 ft. to 21.33 ft.) (T) ISO12800: up to Approx. 20.4m (66.93 ft.) (W) / Approx. 13.0m (42.65 ft.) (T)
- Compatible Recording Media7: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro8, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)8, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card8, microSDHC Memory Card8, microSDXC Memory Card8
- Recording Format: Still Image: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format) / Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVC S: LPCM 2ch / AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Colour Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File Format: DCF / DPOF / EXIF / MPF
- Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size):
[3:2] 20M (5,472×3,648) / 10M (3,888×2,592) / 5M (2,736×1,824)
[4:3] 18M (4,864×3,648) / 10M (3,648×2,736) / 5M (2,592×1,944) / VGA
[16:9] 17M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2M (2,720×1,528)
[1:1] 13M (3,648×3,648) / 6.5M (2,544×2,544) / 3.7M (1,920×1,920)
[Sweep Panorama] Wide (12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160), Standard (8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160)
- Still Image Number of recorded pixels (Image Size) during Movie: [16:9] 17M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2M (2,720×1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode:
NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode
AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920×1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920×1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920×1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920×1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920×1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840×2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840×2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920×1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920×1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920×1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920×1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920×1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920×1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280×720/25p)
NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode
AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920×1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920×1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920×1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920×1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920×1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840×2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840×2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840×2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840×2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920×1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920×1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920×1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920×1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920×1,080/120p), MP4: 28M (1,920×1,080/60p) / 16M (1,920×1,080/30p) / 6M (1,280×720/30p)
NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode
XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920×1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920×1,080/1000fps)
NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode
XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920×1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920×1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920×1,080/960fps)
- Sensor Readout Number of effective pixels
Quality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824×1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,676×566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136×384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676×566), 480fps/500fps (1,136×384), 960fps/1000fps (800×270)
- Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
- Input and Output Terminal: Multi/Micro USB Terminal9, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz band))
- Eye-Fi: Yes
- Power Source: DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC adaptor)
- Battery System: NP-BX1 (supplied)
- Power Consumption (Camera mode): Approx. 1.9W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life:
Monitor: Approx. 280 / Approx. 140min., Viewfinder:Approx. 230 / Approx. 115min.
[Movies (actual shooting)11 12]
Monitor: Approx. 45 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 45 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB)
[Movies (continuous shooting)11]
Monitor: Approx. 80 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 85 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4GB)13
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting functions: Eye AF / Face Detection / Face Registration / Still Image Recording (during movie recording) / Smile shutter / Grid Line / Quick Navi / Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll) / WB Bracket / DRO Bracketing / MF Assist / Peaking / Zebra / Marker Display / Micref Level / Step Zoom / Quick Zoom / Self-portrait timer / TC/UB / Photographer Name & Copyright / ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed / PC Remote Control
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA Sync / 9/25-frame index view / Auto orientation / Slide Show / Forward/Rewind (Movie) / Delete / Protect / Motion Shot Video / Beauty Effect / TRILUMINOS Colour*15/ 4K image output
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, strap adapter, Instruction Manual
- 1. Optical zoom from the wide side.
- 2. REI = Recommended Exposure Index
- 3. Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
- 4. You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode.
- 5. Speed will be slowing after taking some shots.
- 6. Self-Timer is available.
- 7. For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card or microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used.
- 8. with Adaptor (optional)
- 9. Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- 10. The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every ten times.
- 11. Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications,default setting).
- 12. Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom, stand-by, power off.
- 13. Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.
- 14. Models capable of extended-gamut recording and HDMI transmission function for both still images and movies.