The Sony Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
- 20.1 MP (effective) 1.0"-type Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
- The first 25x optical zoom lens in a RX series camera features 24–600 mm extra-wide-angle to ultra-telephoto zoom range in a bright F2.4–4 lens
- Record 4K movies with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, for the ultimate image resolution with less moiré and jaggies.
- BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
- Super slow motion up to ultra-telephoto
- High-speed readout of the image sensor’s approximately 20.1 effective megapixels of imaging data makes continuous shooting at rates up to about 14fps possible with reduced blackout
- Along with great zoom coverage up to 600 mm, the RX10 III features 0.09 s high-speed AF.
- Sensor Type: 1.0″-type (0.52″ x 0.35″) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Total): Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens, 18 elements in 13 groups (6 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- F-Number (Maximum Aperture): F2.4 (W) -4.0 (T)
- Focal Length (f=): f=8.8-220 mm
- Focus Range (From Front of Lens): AF (W: Approx. 3 cm to infinity, T: Approx. 28.35 in to infinity, f = 9.84 in (1.38 in format equivalent): Approx. 55.12 in to infinity
- Optical Zoom: 25x
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image): Approx. 50x (including optical zoom)/li>
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Digital Zoom: Approx.100x (including optical zoom) 1
- Focal Length (F=) 35mm Format Equivalent: [Still image 3:2] f = 24–600 mm [Still image 16:9] f = 26–630 mm [Still image 1:1] f = 31–760 mm [Still image 4:3] f = 27–650 mm [Movie 16:9] f = 26–630 mm (SteadyShot Standard), f = 27–890 mm (SteadyShot Active), f = 30–910 mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active), [Movie 4K 16:9] f = 28–680 mm (SteadyShot Standard), [HFR 960fps] f = 42–990 mm (Quality Priority), f = 60–1390 mm (Shoot Time Priority), [HFR 480fps] f = 28–680 mm (Quality Priority), f = 42–990 mm (Shoot Time Priority), [HFR 240fps] f = 26–630 mm (Quality Priority), f = 28–680 mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- Iris Diaphragm: 9 blades
- Screen Type: 2.95″ (3.0 type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather mode
- Adjustable Angle: Up by about 107 degrees, down by about 42 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/LCD): Auto / EVF / Monitor
- MS Assist Magnification: 5.3x, 10.7x
- Screen Type/Number of Dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.70x with 50mm lens. at infinity, -1m-1 (diopter) (35mm equiv.)
- Eye Point: Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 21.5mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(CIPA standard)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps)
- Steadyshot: [Still Image] Optical, [Movie] Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti-rolling type)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF (AF-S) / Continuous AF (AF-C) / Direct Manual Focus (DMF) / Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide/Center/Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern / Center-Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation: + / – 3.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index): ISO 100–12800 (1/3 step) (expandable to ISO 64/80), Auto (ISO 100–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), Multi-frame NR: ISO100–25600 3 (1 EV step), Auto (ISO 100-128000)2
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): ISO 100–12800 equivalent (1/3 step), AUTO (ISO 100–12800 equivalent, selectable lower and upper limits)
- White Balance Modes: Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluor.: Warm White / Fluor.: Cool White / Fluor.: Day White / Fluor.: Daylight / Flash / C.Temp. / Filter / Custom
- WB Micro Adjustment: Yes (G7 to M7 [57 steps], A7 to B7 [29 steps])
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4″ – 1/2000*) / Program Auto (30″ – 1/2000*) / Manual Exposure (Bulb, 30″-1/2000*) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/2000*) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/2000*). * At F8 or higher aperture value. Fastest limit at F2.4 is 1/1000.
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4″ – 1/32000) / Program Auto (30″ – 1/32000) / Manual (30″ – 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/32000)
- Aperture: iAuto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Program Auto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Manual (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Shutter Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Aperture Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) )
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW and JPEG/Extra Fine/Fine/Standard)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 s, high ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off, Multiframe NR: Auto, ISO 100–25600
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto/Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3, Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection: Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti-Motion Blur
- Continuous Shooting Speed(Maximum)(With Max. Recording Pixels): Speed priority continuous shooting: about 14fps, continuous shooting: approx. 5fps3 4
- Self-timer: 10 s/5 s/2 s/3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s, 5 s, or 2 s delay selectable/Bracketing shots with 10 s, 5 s, or 2 s delay selectable
- Drive Modes: Single, continuous shooting, speed priority continuous shooting, self-timer, self-timer (cont.), cont. bracketing5, single bracketing5, white balance bracketing7, DRO bracketing5
- Picture Effect: Still Image: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial, Color, High, Contrast, Mono., Soft, Focus, HDR, Painting, Richtone, Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, Movie: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile: off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Number of Recognized Scenes: [Still Image] Superior Auto: 44, Intelligent Auto: 33, [Movie] 44
- Flash Mode: Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off / Wireless (with optional compatible flash)
- Flash Range: ISO Auto: About 3.28 to 35.43 ft (1.0 to 10.8 m) (W) / About 3.28 to 21.33 ft 1.0 to 6.5 m) (T), ISO 12800: up to about 68.24 ft (20.8 m) (W) / about 41.99 ft (12.8 m) (T)
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro6, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)6, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card6, microSDHC Memory Card6, microSDXC Memory Card6 7
- Recording Format: [Still Image]: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), [Movie]: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVC S: LPCM 2ch/AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator)/MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe RGB
- DCF/DPOF: DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Still Image Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size): 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472 × 3,080) / 7.5M (3,648 × 2,056) / 4.2M (2,720 × 1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC): AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840 × 2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840 × 2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840 × 2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840 × 2,160/24p), XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920 × 1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920 × 1,080/120p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL): AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/25p), XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
- HFR: NTSC: XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/960fps) / 30p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/960fps) / 24p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/960fps)Sensor Readout Number of Effective PixelsQuality Priority: 240fps / 250fps (1,824 × 1,026), 480fps / 500fps (1,676 × 566), 960fps / 1000fps (1,136 × 384) / Shoot Time Priority: 240fps / 250fps (1,676 × 566), 480fps / 500fps (1,136 × 384), 960fps / 1000fps (800 × 270), PAL: XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920 × 1,080/1000fps)
- Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size): 3:2 mode: 20M (5,472 × 3,648) / 10M (3,888 × 2,592) / 5M (2,736 × 1824), 4:3 mode: 18M (4,864 × 3,648) / 10M (3648 × 2736) / 5M (2592 × 1944) / VGA, 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472 × 3,080) / 7.5M (3,648 × 2,056) / 4.2M (2,720 × 1,528), 1:1 mode: 13M (3,648 × 3,648) / 6.5M (2,544 × 2,544) / 3.7M (1920 × 1920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416 × 1,856/5,536 × 2,160), Standard (8,192 × 1,856/3,872 × 2,160)
- File Format
sRGB / Adobe RGB
- Input and Output Terminals: Multi/Micro USB Terminal 8, High-Speed USB (USB 2.0), Micro HDMI, Microphone (3.5 mm stereo minijack), Multi Interface Shoe, Headphones
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n [2.4 GHz band])
- Power Source: DC 7.2 V (supplied battery) / DC 5.0 V (supplied AC adapter)
- Battery System: Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode): Approx. 2.3 W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.6 W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life (Still Images): Still images9 monitor: About 420 shots / About 210 minutes; Viewfinder: About 370 shots / About 185 minutes Movies (actual shooting)10 monitor: About 65 minutes; Viewfinder: About 70 minutes (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is about 20 minutes and max. file size is 4 GB.); Movies (continuous shooting)9 monitor: Approx. 120 minutes; Viewfinder: About 130 minutes (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is about 20 minutes and max. file size is 4 GB.) 11
- Supplied Battery: DC 7.2 V
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting Functions: Eye AF / Face Detection / Face Registration / Still Image Recording (during movie recording) / Smile Shutter / Grid Line / Quick Navi / Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll) / WB Bracket / DRO Bracketing / MF Assist / Peaking / Zebra / Marker Display / Audio Level Display / Audio Out Timing / Step Zoom/Quick Zoom / TC / UB / Photographer Name and Copyright / Set File Name/ ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed / PC Remote Control / Zoom Assist / Focus Hold
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA® Sync (control for HDMI) / 9/25-Frame Index View / Auto Orientation / Slide Show / Forward / Rewind (Movie) / Delete / Protect / Motion Shot Video / Photo Capture
- Operating Temperature: Approx. 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
- Print: Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 5 1/8″ (132.5 x 94.0 x 127.4 mm)
- Weight (CIPA Compliant): About 2 lb 5.1 oz (body only) / About 2 lb 6.7 oz (battery and Memory Stick Duo™ included), About 1051 g (body only) / About 1095 g (battery and Memory Stick Duo™ included)
What’s In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-FW50
- Micro USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Lens cap
- Shoe cap
- Lens hood
- Eyepiece cup
- Instruction Manual
- 1. Optical zoom from the wide side.
- 2. REI = recommended exposure index.
- 3. Speed slows after taking some shots.
- 4. You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode.
- 5. Self-Timer is available.
- 6. With Adapter (optional).
- 7. For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo™ (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark 2), SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card or microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used.
- 8. Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- 9. The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends, the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every 10 times.
- 10. Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications, default setting).
- 11. Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4 GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.