The Sony Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
- 20.1 MP (effective) 1.0"-type Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens
- 315 AF points offer the world’s1 most comprehensive phase-detection coverage of its kind
- First in RX100 series with 0.05-sec.2 AF speed
- BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
- Continuous shooting up to 24 fps3 with AF/AE tracking for up to 150 shots4
- Up to 960fps5 super slow motion shooting6 and super high-speed Anti-Distortion Shutter up to 1/32000 sec.
- Retractable OLED electronic viewfinder with anti-reflective ZEISS® T* Coating, multi-function control ring/custom buttons and 180-degree tiltable LCD screen
- Sensor Type: 1.0″-type (0.52″ x 0.35″) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Total): Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens, 10 elements in 9 groups (9 aspheric elements including AA lens)
- F-Number (Maximum Aperture): F1.8 (W) -2.8 (T)
- ND Filter: Auto/On (3 steps)/Off
- Focal Length (f=): f=8.8-25.7 mm, Still Image 3:2 f=24-70 mm, Still Image 4:3 f=25-73 mm, Still Image 16:9 f=26-76 mm, Still Image 1:1 f=30.5-89 mm
- Focus Range (From Front of Lens): iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 0.99 ft (30 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 0.99 ft (30 cm) to Infinity)
- Optical Zoom: 2.9x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image): 20 M Approx. 5.8x / 10 M Approx. 8.2x / 5.0 M Approx. 11x / VGA Approx. 44x7
- Clear Image Zoom (Movie): Approx. 5.8x7
- Digital Zoom (Still Image): 20 M Approx.11x / 10 M Approx.16x / 5.0 M Approx.23x / VGA Approx.44x7
- Digital Zoom (Movie)DIGITAL ZOOM (MOVIE): Digital Zoom Approx.117
- Screen Type: 2.95 in (3.0type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps) / Sunny Weather
- Adjustable Angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Display Selector (Finder/LCD): Auto / EVF (Manual) / Monitor (Manual)
- MS Assist Magnification: 5.3x, 10.7x
- Screen Type/Number of Dots: 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (OLED), 2,359,296 dots
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.59x with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1m(diopter) (35 mm equiv.)
- Eye Point: Approx.20 mm from the eyepiece, 19.2 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1 (diopter) (CIPA standard)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Image Processing Engine: Yes (BIONZ X)
- Steadyshot: SteadyShot: Optical, Optical SteadyShot Active Mode (for Movie):Yes (Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation, Anti Rolling type)
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (315 points (phase-detection AF) , 25 points (contrast-detection AF) ), Center, Flexible Spot (S / M / L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock on AF (Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
- Lock on AF: Yes
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Exposure Compensation: + / – 3.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index): Auto(ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250
/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100),Multi-Frame NR: Auto(ISO 125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/256008
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto: (ISO 125-ISO 12800, selectable with upper / lower limit) , 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000 / 5000 / 6400 / 8000 / 10000 / 12800
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto: 1.2 lux (Shutter Speed 1 / 30″)
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluor.: Warm White, Fluor.: Cool White, Fluor.: Day White, Fluor.: Daylight, Flash, C.Temp. / Filter, Custom
- WB Micro Adjustment: YesG7 to M7,57-stepA7 to B7,29-step
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4″ – 1/2000) / Program Auto (30″ – 1/2000) / Manual (Bulb, 30″ – 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/2000)9
- Electronic Shutter: iAuto (4″ – 1 / 32000) / Program Auto (30″ – 1 / 32000) / Manual (30″ – 1 / 32000) / Aperture Priority (30″ – 1 / 32000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1 / 32000)
- Aperture: iAuto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Program Auto (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Manual (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Shutter Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) ) / Aperture Priority (F1.8 / F11 (W) )
- Image Control: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB / Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW / RAW&JPEG / Extra fine / Fine / standard)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On / Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1 / 3 s , high ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off, Multiframe NR: Auto, ISO 200-25600
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level 1-5) , Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step) )
- Shooting Mode: AUTO (Intelligent Auto / Superior Auto), Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure, MR (Memory Recall) 1, 2, 3, M1, M2, M3, M4, movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure), Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Selection: Portrait, sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur, Pet Mode, Gourmet, Fireworks, High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed(Maximum)(With Max. Recording Pixels): Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 3.5fps10 11
- Self-timer: 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable / Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- Drive Modes: Single, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.) , Cont.-bracketing12, Single-bracketing12, White balance bracketing12, DRO bracketing12
- Panorama (Shooting): Sweep Panorama
- Picture Effect: Still Image: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial, Color, High, Contrast, Mono., Soft, Focus, HDR, Painting, Richtone, Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, Movie: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
- Picture Profile: off / PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2) , Black Gamma, Knee, color Mode, color Level, color Phase, color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- Auto Image Rotation: Yes
- Focus Type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Metering Mode: Multi Pattern, Center Weighted, Spot
- Number of Recognized Scenes: Still Image: Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33, Movie: 44
- Flash Mode: Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Flash Type: Built-in, manual pop-up
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Bracketing: Yes
- Flash Range: ISO Auto: Approx. 1.31 ft to 33.46 ft (0.4 m to 10.2 m) (W) / Approx. 1.31 ft to 21.33 ft (0.4 m to 6.5 m) (T), ISO 12800: up to Approx. 66.93 ft (20.4 m) (W) / Approx. 42.65 ft (13.0 m) (T)
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), Memory Stick PROHG Duo, Memory Stick Micro13, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)13, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I), SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I), microSD Memory Card13, microSDHC Memory Card13, microSDXC Memory Card13 14
- Recording Format: Still Image: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.31,MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format), Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVCS: LP cm 2ch, AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch (Dolby Digital Stereo Creator) , MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Color Space (Still): sRGB, Adobe® RGB
- DCF/DPOF: DCF/DPOF/EXIF/MPF
- Still Image Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size): Image Size: 3:2mode:20 M (5,472×3,648) / 10 M (3,888×2,592) / 5 M (2,736×1,824), 4:3mode: 18 M (4,864×3,648) / 10 M (3,648×2,736) / 5 M (2,592×1,944) / VGA, 16:9mode: 17 M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720×1,528), 1:1mode: 13 M (3,648×3,648) / 6.5 M (2,544×2,544) / 3.7 M (1,920×1,920) ,Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416×1,856/5,536×2,160), Standard (8,192×1,856/3,872×2,160), Image Size during Movie: 16:9mode: 17 M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720×1,528)
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC): NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] AVCHD: 28 M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24 M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17 M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24 M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17 M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100 M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 30p 60 M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 24p 100 M (3,840 x 2,160/24p) / 24p 60 M (3,840 x 2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 30p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 24p 50 M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 120p 100 M (1,920 x 1,080/120p) / 120p 60 M (1,920 x 1,080/120p), MP4: 28 M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16 M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6 M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL): NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
- HFR: RecordingNTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD:50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 50p 50 M (1,920×1,080/1000fps) / 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/250fps), 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/500fps), 25p 50 M (1,920×1,080/1000fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD:60p 50 M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 60p 50 M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 60p 5 0M (1,920×1,080/960fps) / 30p 50 M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 30p 50 M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 30p 50 M (1,920×1,080/960fps) / 24p 50 M (1,920×1,080/240fps), 24p 50 M (1,920×1,080/480fps), 24p 50 M (1,920×1,080/960fps)Sensor Readout Number of effective pixelsQuality Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,824×1,026), 480fps/500fps (1,676×566), 960fps/1000fps (1,136×384)/Shoot Time Priority: 240fps/250fps (1,676×566), 480fps/500fps (1,136×384), 960fps/1000fps (800×270)
- Still Image Number of Recorded Pixels (Image Size) During Movie: 16: 9mode: 17 M (5,472×3,080) / 7.5 M (3,648×2,056) / 4.2 M (2,720×1,528)
- Input and Output Terminals: Multi / Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0) , Micro HDMI15
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b / g / n (2.4 GHz band) )
- Power Source: DC3.6 V (supplied battery) / DC5.0 V (supplied AC Adapter)
- Battery System: Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode): Approx. 2.6W with LCD monitor and approx. 3.0W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- Battery Life (Still Images): Monitor:Approx. 220 / Approx. 110 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 210 / Approx. 105 min.16
- Battery Life (Movies Actual Shooting): Monitor:Approx. 35 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 35min (In [MP4 28 M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB)17 18
- Battery Life (Movies Continuous Shooting): Monitor:Approx. 65min., ViewFinder: Approx. 65 min (In [MP4 28 M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB)19 17
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting Functions: Eye AF, Face Detection, Face Registration, Still Image Recording (during movie recording) , Smile shutter, Grid Line, Quick Navi, Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll), WB Bracket, DRO Bracketing, MF Assist, Peaking, Zebra, Marker Display, Micref Level, Step Zoom / Quick Zoom, Self-portrait timer, TC / UB, Photographer Name & Copyright, ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed, PC Remote Control, Gamma Disp. Assist, AF Track Sensitivity, AF Drive Speed
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI), 9 / 25-frame index view, Auto Orientation, Slide Show, Forward / Rewind (movie) , Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, Beauty Effect
- Triluminos Color: Yes20
- 4K Image Output: Yes
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees C. – +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. – 104 degrees F.
- Print: Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4 x 2 3/8 × 1 5/8 inch (101.6 x 58.1 x 41.0 mm)
- Weight (CIPA Compliant): Approx. 10.5 oz (299 g) (Battery and Memory Stick Duo are included) / Approx. 9.6 oz (272 g) (Body Only)
What’s In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdapterAC-UUD12
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Strap adapter
- Instruction Manual
- 1. Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1.0-type sensor, as of Oct. 2016 press release, based on Sony research.
- 2. CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=8.8 (wide-end), EV4.7, Program Auto, AF area: Wide, Focus Mode: AF-A.
- 3. With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi".
- 4. With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi" and "Image quality: Fine".
- 5. In NTSC mode. 1,000 fps in PAL mode. NTSC/PAL are switchable on the menu.
- 6. Sound cannot be recorded. A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required.
- 7. Optical zoom from the wide side (except RX1).
- 8. Achieved by using overlay burst shooting.
- 9. When ISO sensitivity is higher than IS0 3200, the slowest shutter speed limit is 1/4 sec. Manual setting of ISO sensitivity to lower than ISO 3200 is necessary to set shutter speed slower than 1/4. (except RX series models).
- 10. Speed slows after taking some shots.
- 11. You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode.
- 12. Self-Timer is available.
- 13. With Adaptor (optional).
- 14. For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, Memory Stick Micro (Mark2), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card or microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used.
- 15. Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- 16. The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends, the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every 10 times.
- 17. Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications, default setting).
- 18. Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom (except RX1), stand-by, power off.
- 19. Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4 GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.
- 20. Models capable of extended-gamut recording and HDMI transmission function for both still images and movies.