The Sony Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
- Retractable OLED Tru-Finder for clearer viewing, greater operability
- 180-degree tiltable LCD for easy framing of selfies/low-position shots
- Sensor type: 1/2.3 inch (7.82 mm) Exmor R® CMOS sensor
- Number of pixels (gross): Approx. 21.1 Megapixels
- Number of pixels (effective): Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (5 aspherical elements)
- F-number: F3.5 (W) – 6.4 (T)
- Focal length: f=4.1-123 mm
- Focus range (from the front of the lens): iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity, T:
- Optical zoom: 30x
- Clear image zoom: Still Image: 18M Approx.60x / 10M Approx.80x / 5.0M Approx.113x / VGA Approx.459x / 13M(16:9) Approx.60x / 2.1M(16:9) Approx.153x; Movie: Approx. 60x 1
- Digital zoom (still image): 18 M Approx. 120x/10 M Approx. 161x/5.0 M Approx. 226x/VGA Approx. 459x/13 M (16:9) Approx. 120x/2.1 M (16:9) Approx. 306x 1; Movie: Approx. 120x
- 2.95 in (3.0type) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- 5 steps manual brightness control
- Adjustable angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees
- 0.2-type electronic viewfinder
- 100% field coverage
- Magnification: Approx. 0.5x with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1mstyle name=”sup”-1/style(diopter) (35 mm equiv.)
- Image processor: BIONZ X™
- Optical Steadyshot
- Focus type: Contrast detection AF
- Focus mode: Single-shot AF;Continuous AF(Advanced sports & Movie Only);DMF;Manual Focus
- Focus area: Wide;Center;Flexible Spot (S/M/L);Expanded Flexible Spot
- Light metering mode: Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- Exposure compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO sensitivity (still image): Auto (ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200,Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO80-3200 same as selected range in Auto), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400 2/12800 23
- ISO sensitivity (movie): Auto (ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200
- Minimum illumination (movie): Auto: 6lux (Shutter Speed 1/30)
- White balance modes: Auto; Daylight; Shade; Cloudy; Incandescent; Fluor.: Cool White; Fluor.: Day White; Fluor.: Daylight; Flash; Custom; One Push, One Push Set
- WB micro adjustment: G7-M7,A7-B7
- Shutter speed: iAuto (4″ – 1/2000) / Program Auto (1″ – 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8″ – 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/2000) / Manual (30″ – 1/2000) 4
- Aperture: iAuto (F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto (F3.5-F6.3 (W) ) / Manual (F3.5-F8.0 (W)) / Aperture Priority (F3.5-F8.0 (W)) / Sutter Priority (F3.5-F6.3 (W))
- Noise reduction: Off/On
- Dynamic range functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range: Off, Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step)3
- Shooting mode: Intelligent Auto;Superior Auto;Program Auto;Aperture Priority;Shutter Speed Priority;Manual Exposure;MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3;Movie Mode(Program Auto,Aperture Priority,Shutter Speed Priority,Manual Exposure);Panorama;Scene Selection
- Bracketing: Yes
- Scene selection: Portrait; Advanced Sports Shooting; Landscape; Sunset; Night Scene; Handheld Twilight; Night Portrait; Anti Motion Blur; Pet Mode; Gourmet; Beach; Snow; Fireworks; Soft Skin; High Sensitivity
- Continous shooting speed (maximum) (maximum number of recording pixels) Approx. 10 fps (for up to 10 shots) 5 6
- Flash type: Built-in, manual pop-up
- Compatible recording media: Memory Stick Duo™;Memory Stick PRO Duo™;Memory Stick PRO Duo™;Memory Stick PRO Duo™(High Speed);Memory Stick PROHG Duo™;Memory Stick Micro™ 7;Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark2) 7;SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I);SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I);microSD Memory Card 7;microSDHC Memory Card 7;microSDXC Memory Card 7 8
- Recording format: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MRF Baseline compliant)
- Recording format (movie audio): XAVC S:LPCM 2ch;AVCHD:Dolby® Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator);MP4:MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Movie recording mode (NTSC): AVCHD: 28M PS(1,920×1,080/60p) / 24M FX(1,920×1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920×1,080/60i) / 24M FX(1,920×1,080/24p) / 17M FH(1,920×1,080/24p) / XAVC S: 60p 50M(1,920×1,080/60p) / 30p 50M(1,920×1,080/30p) / 24p 50M(1,920×1,080/24p)/ MP4: 28M(1,920×1,080/60fps) / 16M(1,920×1,080/30fps) / 6M(1,280×720/30fps)
- Panorama (recording): Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal 9 , Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 4.02” x 2.29” x 1.4”
- Weight (CIPA compliant): Approx. 8.64 oz (Battery and Memory Stick DUO™ are included)/Approx. 7.69 oz (Body Only)
What’s in the box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdapterAC-UUD12
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual
- 1. Optical zoom from the wide side.
- 2. Achieved by using "By Pixel Super Resolution" technology and overlay burst shooting.
- 3. REI=Recommended Exposure Index.
- 4. When ISO sensitivity is higher than ISO 3200, the slowest shutter speed limit is 1/4 sec. Manual settings of ISO sensitivity to lower than ISO 3200 is necessary to set shutter speed slower than 1/4. (except RX series models.)
- 5. You may not be able to shoot images in Burst mode depending on the Shooting mode.
- 6. Speed will be slowing after taking some shots.*without CMOS models.
- 7. With Adapter (optional)
- 8. For movies, compatible Memory Stick PRO DUO™ (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™ (Mark2), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card or microSD/ microSDHC/ microSDHC card (Class 4 or faster speed is recommended) can be used.
- 9. Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- 10. The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternately between the W and T ends, the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off every ten times.
- 11. Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications, default setting)
- 12. Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom, stand-by, power off.
- 13. Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4 GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.