The Sony Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
Action Cam FDR-X3000
- BIONZ X™ image processor - Record fast moves and smooth action up to 4K at 100 Mbps1
- Professional 4K (3840 x 2160) video recording with up to 240p HD / 120p HD
- Exmor R® CMOS sensor with enhanced sensitivity improves shooting in low-light conditions
- Built-in stereo mic for quality sound with wind noise reduction
- Steady images via highly advanced Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- Splashproof and freezeproof body, and supplied Underwater Housing2 is dustproof, shockproof and waterproof to 197 ft/60 m
- Control up to 5 Action Cam via phone3 or LiveView™ Remote
- Ultra wide angle pro quality f/2.8 bright ZEISS® lens
- Camera Type: Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
- Sensor Type: 1/2.5 type (7.20 mm) back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels (Video): Approx. 8.2 Megapixels4 5
- Effective Pixels (Still): Approx. 8.2 Megapixels4 5
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Micro™ and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- Recording Format (Video): MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XAVC S format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording Format (Still): DCF Ver. 2.0 compatible, Exif Ver. 2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Video Resolution: MP4 PS: 1920 x 1080 60p/50p, MP4 HQ: 1920 x 1080 30p/25p, MP4 STD: 1280 x 720 30p/25p, MP4 HS120 (HS100): 1280 x 720 120p/100p, MP4 HS240 (HS200): 800 x 480 240p/200p, XAVC S: 3840 x 2160 30p/25p/24p, 1920 x 1080 120p/100p, 1280 x 720 240p/200p, 1920 x 1080 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- Video Recording Rate (ABR / VBR): MP4 PS: Approx. 28 Mbps/HQ: Approx. 16 Mbps/STD: Approx. 6 Mbps/HS120 (HS100): Approx. 28 Mbps/HS240 (HS200): Approx. 28 Mbps
XAVC S 3840 x 2160 30p/25p/24p: Approx. 100 Mbps/60 Mbps, 1920 x 1080 120p/100p: 100 Mbps/60 Mbps, 1280 x 720 240p/200p: 100 Mbps/60 Mbps, 1920 x 1080 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p Approx. 50 Mbps
- Still Image Size (Still): Approx. 12.0 Megapixels 16:9 (4,608 x 2,592)5
Optics and Lens Specifications
- Lens Type: ZEISS Tessar
- Aperture: F2.8
- Focal Length: Video: f= 17 mm (WIDE), f= 23 mm (MEDIUM), f= 32 mm (NARROW) Still: f= 17 mm (WIDE), f= 23 mm (MEDIUM), f= 32 mm (NARROW)
- Minimum Focus Distance: Approx. 19 3/4 in (Approx. 50 cm)
- Focal Distance: f=2.8 mm, f=1/9 inch
- Image Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot with Active mode
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment
- Minimum Illumination: 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Exposure Compensation: AE Shift
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Color Temp / Custom
- Image Processor: BIONZ X™ image processor
- Other Shooting Functions: Loop Recording, Motion Shot LE, Burst Shooting, 4K Time-lapse capture, Live Streaming 6
- Waterproof: Up to 60 m with supplied Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Dustproof: With supplied Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1) 7
- Shockproof: With supplied Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1) 7
- Audio Recording Format: MP4/MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch, XAVC S: LPCM 2ch
- Microphone: Built-in stereo microphone
- Speaker: Monaural Speaker
- Time Code: Yes (XAVC S only). The Time Code function records hours/minutes/seconds/frame
- User Bit: Yes. The User Bit function records date/time/scene number, etc. in eight-digit numbers
- Embedded GPS: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Control with Smartphone
- Highlight Movie Maker: Yes
- Input and Output Terminals: Memory card slot
Micro HDMI output
Multi/micro USB terminal
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx. 1 3/16 x 1 7/8 x 3 3/8 in (Approx. 29.4 x 47.0 x 83.0 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 4.1 oz (including supplied battery), Approx. 114 g (including supplied battery)
- Power Requirements: 3.6 V (battery pack)
- Battery Type: NP-BX1
- Battery Capacity: Approx. 3.6 V / 4.5 Wh (1240 mAh)
Continuous Recording Time (approx. with fully charged supplied battery)
- Camera’s Wi-Fi is on: XAVC S: 3840 x 2160 30p 60 Mbps (4K) 50 min, MP4: 1920 x 1080 30p (HQ) 125 min8 9
- Camera’s Wi-Fi is off: XAVC S: 3840 x 2160 30p 60 Mbps (4K) 60 min, MP4: 1920 x 1080 30p (HQ) 135 min8
- Display Panel: Yes
What’s In The Box
- Attachment Buckle
- Micro USB cable
- Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1)
- Startup guide
- Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- 1. Requires micro SDXC/SDHC memory card UHS-I U3 or higher for 4K 100 Mbps recording and micro SDXC/SDHC memory card Class 10 or higher for 4K 60 Mpbs and HD 50 Mbps recording.
- 2. Recorded sound level is lower when using supplied Underwater Housing.
- 3. Requires NFC-compatible mobile device. Check device’s user manual for compatibility. Device cases may prevent connection.
- 4. When "SteadyShot" is set to "OFF".
- 5. When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE".
- 6. Requires a Wi-Fi® router or smartphone capable of tethering.
- 7. As for dustproof/shockproof performance, there is no guarantee that the camcorder will not become scratched or dented.
- 8. When shooting continuously under temperatures of 25 °C/77 °F without use of supplied Underwater Housing. Recording time may be shorter depending on usage and environmental conditions.
- 9. When the camera is not connected with Live-View Remote or a smartphone.