The Sony Camera Remote API beta SDK allows you to develop apps to control a number of Sony cameras wirelessly from another device.
- All the quality in half the size & weight of other DSLRs.
- World’s fastest auto focus* with 179 AF points and 11Fps.
- Capture life in high resolution with 24MP APS-C sensor.
- Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi® and NFC.
- Stunning low light photos with ISO range of 100-25600.
- Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro.
- Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video.**
- What you see is what you get with an OLED Viewfinder.
- Convenient features: Tilt LCD, pop-up flash and MI shoe.
- Enhance your camera and creativity with Camera Apps.
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount (Sony A-mount, Minolta/Konica Minolta Maxxum lenses confirmed via optional LA-EA adaptor)
- Lens Mount: Sony E-mount
- Camera Type: Mirrorless DSLR
- Imaging Sensor: Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor: BIONZ X™ image processor
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism.
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 24.3 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color
- Media Type: SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media
- Color Space: Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut), Adobe RGB Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color™ when connected via HDMI cable) Compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Mode: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 24.3M pixels (approx.)
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 4240 x 2400 (10M) S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 4240 x 2832 (12M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Wide – Horizontal 23M (12,416 x 1,856), Wide – Vertical 12M (5,536 x 2,160), Standard – Horizontal 15M (8,192 x 1,856), Standard – Vertical 8.4M (3,872 x 2,160)
- Video Format: AVCHD Ver. 2.0 / MP4 (MPEG-4 AVC, H.264)
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS – 1920×1080/60p @28Mbps FX – 1920×1080/60i @24Mbps FH – 1920×1080/60i @17Mbps FX – 1920×1080/24p @24Mbps FH – 1920×1080/24p @17Mbps MP4: HD – 1440×1080/30fps @12Mbps, VGA – 640×480/30fps @3Mbps
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Type: 0.39″ (1.0 cm) OLED electronic viewfinder (color), 1,440,000 dots
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Field of View: 100% (approx. 33° vewing angle)
- Magnification: Approx. 1.07x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 diopter
- LCD Type: 3.0″ TFT LCD (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Tilt up by approx. 90 degrees, down by approx. 45 degrees
- Brightness Control: Auto, Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Coverage: 100%
- Live View: Continuous Live View
- Real-time image adjustment display: Yes (On/Off)
- Histogram: Yes (On/Off)
- Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Grid Display: Yes (Rule of Thirds, Square 4×6, Diagonal & Square 4×4, Off)
- Customization: Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra: Yes (levels 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 10, 100+, off)
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Points: 179 points (phase-detection AF) 25 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (179 points phase-detection AF, 25 points contrast-detection AF), Zone, Center-weighted, Flexible Spot (Small, Medium, Large)
- Focus Sensitivity: EV0 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Focus Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock, AF illuminator (with Built-in LED type) Approx. range; 0.3- approx. 3.0m (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- AF Illuminator: Built-in LED, Range: approx. 3′ 4” – 9′ 9” (0.3m-3.0m)
- Picture Effect(s): 13 modes available − Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Auto Exposure Lock: Yes with AE lock button (AE also locked when shutter button is halfway, Auto/On/Off selectable)
- Color Temperature: 2500 to 9900K & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps)
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(1-6), (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps)
- D-Range Optimizer: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level 1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step)
- Exposure Bracketing: Cont. Bracket − x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, Single Bracket − x3 or x5 image in 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, White Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI) DRO Balance Bracket: Low (LO), high (HI)
- Exposure Compensation: Still images − ±5.0 EV(1/3EV, 1/2EV steps selectable), Movies − ±2.0 EV(1/3EV steps selectable)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter priority (S), Manual (M), Memoru Recal (MR), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection, Movie
- ISO: Stills: ISO 100-25,600 selectable in 1/3 EV steps, Still Auto: ISO 100-25,000 selectable upper and lower limit, Movies: ISO 100-12,800 selectable in 1 EV steps, Movie Auto ISO 200-12,800 selectable upper and lower limit
- Metering: Advanced 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV 0 to 20 EV (at ISO100 equivalent, with F2.8 lens attached)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable, Multi-frame NR: Auto/ISO 100 to 51200
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night View, Hand-held Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White, Cool White, Day White, Daylight), Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Temp. Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps), Custom, Underwater Auto
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: 11fps (hi), 6fps (mid), 2.5fps (low) with AF
- Drive Mode: Single Shot, Continuous shooting (Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont. / Single/ WB / DRO
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160 sec.
- Self-timer: 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (in 1/3 step), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode, up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Flash Bracketing: 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames (1.0/2.0/3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable
- Flash Compensation: ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: 16mm (focal length printed on lens body)
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync, Wireless, Red-eye reduction (On/Off)
- Flash Type: Built-in, Pop-up
- Guide Number: 6 (in meters at ISO 100)
- Remote Commander: Yes, via optional RM-VPR1
- Accessory Shoe: MI (Multi-interface shoe), Standard ISO 518:2006 design with multi-pin configuration for additional accessories
- A/V Remote Terminal: Yes, via optional RM-DSLR2 wired Multi-terminal remote
- DC IN: Yes via optional AC-PW20AM (sold separately)
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D) BRAVIA Sync (link menu) PhotoTV HD 4K Still Image playback via HDMI to compatible 4K TV
- HDMI Terminal: HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- Memory Card Slot: Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media – SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- NFC: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- Tripod Mount: Yes (1/4″ diameter, 20 threads per inch)
- USB Port(s): USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Wi-Fi: Yes, Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band)
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions: Approx. 4-3/4″ x 2-7/8″ x 1-13/16″ (120mm x 67mm x 45mm)
- Weight: Approx. 10.1 oz (285 g) (body only), Approx. 12.1 oz (344 g) (with battery and memory stick)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Battery Capacity: 1080 mAh
- Number of Still Images: Approx. 310 shots (Viewfinder), Approx. 360 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC Adaptor AC-PW20
- Power Consumption (in LCD Screen Operation): Approx. 2.4W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation): Approx. 2.8W (still images, with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens)
- Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Operating System Compatibility: supported, Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista® SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows® 7 SP1; Windows® 8; Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50)
- AC Adaptor (AC-UB10)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- * Among interchangeable-lens digital cameras equipped with an APS-C image sensor as of February 12, 2014, based on Sony research. Measured using internal method with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens mounted. CIPA guideline compliant.
- ** Records in up to 29 minutes segments.