- Sensitivity to ISO 409600* and wide dynamic range refine stills/movies.
- 35 mm full-frame 12.2-megapixel** Exmor CMOS for extra sensor perception.
- Smart, speedy BIONZ X image processing engine.
- Internal 4K movie recording and XAVC S format***.
- 120fps Full HD recording.
- 5-axis optical image stabilization.
- Silent shooting mode for noiseless operation.
- Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC capabilities for simplified sharing.
- Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format.
- Enhance your camera and creativity with Camera Apps.
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount
- Lens Mount: Sony E-mount
- Camera Type: Mirrorless DSLR
- Imaging Sensor: Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (35.6 x 23.8 mm)
- Processor: BIONZ X™ image processor
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism.
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 12.4 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 12.2 megapixels
- Image Sensor Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Media Type: SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™ media
- Color Space: Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut), Adobe RGB Movie: xvYCC standard. Compatible with TRILUMINOS™ color
- Still Image Mode: RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Still Image Size 16:9: L:4240 x 2384 (10M), M: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), S: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1560 (4.3M), M: 2128 x 1200 (2.6M), S: 1376 x 776 (1.1M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 4240 x 2832 (12M), M: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), S: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), APS-C L: 2768 x 1848 (5.1M), M: 2128 x 1416 (3.0M), S: 1376 x 920 (1.3M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Wide: Horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: Horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)
- Video Format: XAVC S/AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compliant/MP4
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS – 1920×1080/60p @28Mbps FX – 1920×1080/60i @24Mbps FH – 1920×1080/60i @17Mbps FX – 1920×1080/24p @24Mbps FH – 1920×1080/24p @17Mbps MP4: HD – 1440×1080/30fps @12Mbps, VGA – 640×480/30fps @3Mbps
- Audio Format: AVCHD: Dolby® Digital (AC-3), 2ch, Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch, XAVC S: LPCM, 2ch
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif ver. 2.3, MPF baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Type: XGA OLED, 0.5″ (1.3 cm) electronic viewfinder (color), (2,359,296 dots)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0m-1
- Field of View: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.78x (with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 mstyle name=”sup”-1/style
- LCD Type: 2.95 in (3.0 type) TFT drive (1,228,800 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Up approx. 107 degrees, down approx. 41 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Real-time image adjustment display: Yes (On/Off)
- Histogram: Yes (On/Off)
- Peaking:Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Focus Magnifier: 35 mm full frame: 4.2x, 8.3x, APS-C: 2.7x, 5.4x
- Customization: Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra:Yes (selectable level + range or lower limit as custom setting)
- Focus Type: Contrast-detection AF
- Focus Points: 169 points (contrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes: Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide (169 points for contrast-detection AF) / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Zone / Expand Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expand Flexible Spot)
- Focus Sensitivity: EV -4 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Features: Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Focus lock; Eye-Start AF and AF micro adjustment (both only available with optional LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached), AF illuminator (built-in, LED type, range: Approx. 0.98-9.8 ft), AF ON
- AF Illuminator: Built-in LED, Range: approx .0.98-9.8 ft
- Picture Effect(s): 13 modes available − Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Auto Exposure Lock: Yes with AE lock button. (Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu.)
- Creative Style:Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia (Contrast -3 to +3 steps, Saturation -3 to +3 steps, Sharpness -3 to +3 steps) (Style Box 1–6 also provided).
- Exposure Bracketing:Bracket: Single/Bracket: Cont., 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1.0 EV increments.
- Exposure Compensation :+/-5.0 EV (in 1/3 EV or 1/2 EV steps), with exposure compensation dial: +/-3.0 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Exposure Settings :AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie / High Frame Rate (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) )
- ISO: Still images: ISO 100-102400 (expandable to ISO 50-409600), AUTO (ISO 100-12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-102400 equivalent (expandable to ISO 100-409600 equivalent), AUTO (ISO 100-12800 equivalent, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Metering:1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: EV -3 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Noise Reduction: Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off selectable
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 57 steps, A7 to B7: 29 steps) / Custom / Underwater
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: Max 5fps (hi), 2.5fps (low)
- Drive Mode :Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160 sec.
- Self-timer: 10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/10 sec. delay)
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step) NTSC: Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode) PAL: Up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto Slow Shutter mode)G)
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Flash Bracketing: 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0 EV increments.
- Flash Compensation: ±3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Metering System: Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Modes: Flash off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear Sync., Slow Sync., Red-eye reduction (On/Off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe. Attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock Accessory Shoe.
- Accessory Shoe: Compatible with supplied shoe adaptor
- A/V Remote Terminal: Yes, via optional RM-DSLR2 wired Multi-terminal remote
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA® Sync (link menu), Photo TV HD, 4K movie output, 4K still image playback
- HDMI Terminal: HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- Memory Card Slot: Dual compatibility slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG HX Duo™ media – SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- NFC: Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- USB Port(s): USB 2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- Wi-Fi: Yes, IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band); Playback of still images and movies on smartphones, PCs and TVs
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions: Approx.4.69 x 2.74 x 1.50 in
- Weight: Approx.20.6 oz (Body Only) / 22.12 oz (With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo™)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- Battery Life (Still Images) :Actual: Approx. 55 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard); Continuous: Approx. 95 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- External Power: AC Adaptor AC-PW20
- Battery Life (Movies): Actual: Approx. 55 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard); Continuous: Approx. 95 min. (viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min. (LCD screen) (CIPA standard)
- Supplied Software: PlayMemories Home, Image Data Converter Version 4
- Operating System Compatibility: supported, Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs.) Windows Vista® SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported) Windows® 7 SP1; Windows® 8; Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50)
- Cable Protector
- AC Adaptor (UUD11)
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- Battery Charger BC-VW1
- Accessory shoe cap
* Standard ISO range: 100-102400 for stills and movies. Expandable ISO range: 50-409600 for stills, 100-409600 for movies.
** Approximate effective megapixels.
***A class 10 or higher SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S format. UHS Speed Class 3 is also required for recording at 100 Mbps.