You can distribute the apps from Google Play by using Developer Console in the same way as mobile/tablet devices but some steps are required.
Checklist before publishing the app on Google Play
Check the following items before you publish and distribute your app on Google Play.
Ensure that you follow the Android Manifest rules for TV:
- “android.hardware.touchscreen” not required.
- “android.software.leanback” is declared.
- “android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER” is handled.
- Put 320×180[px] banner image in the resources and declare “android:banner” attribute.
- Remove inappropriate value of “screenOrientation”.
Review TV app quality
Developer Console – TV images
Don’t forget to submit the TV screen captures and a banner image.
Developer console – Check “Distribute your app on Android TV™”
Don’t forget to check “Distribute your app on Android TV™” in Pricing & Distribution.
Google, Google Play, Android and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Android TV is a trademark of Google Inc.
“SONY” and “BRAVIA” are trademarks of Sony Corporation.