How to flash your device
When you have installed the flash tool for Xperia™, you can flash standard Sony software on your unlocked Xperia™ device.
Note: When you flash software onto your device, your user data and content will be erased. Make sure to properly back up all information.
This is how you flash software on your phone:
- Computer: Open Emma from the Start menu of your computer.
- Connect a USB cable to your computer.
- Phone: Turn off your phone.
- Connect your phone to the USB cable while holding the flash key (for example Volume down). The flash key varies between models. For a complete key mapping, see the Useful key combinations site.
- Computer: Select the software you want to flash in the Service list. The tool automatically detects the phone model and lists available software versions, which are called Services in this flash tool. There are two typpes of Services, Software Update Content Erase and Firmware Update.
Software Update Content Erase = Full Android upgrade
Firmware Update = Firmware update only (excluding Android)
- Click on Apply Service. The phone will now be flashed.
- Phone: When you have flashed your device, you can disconnect your phone from the computer. The first time you start your device after you have flashed it, the boot-up might take a little longer than normal.