Using the hardware
- Testing using the actual hardware is the best option if you have access to the SmartWatch 2 device.
Testing using the actual hardware is the best option if you have access to the SmartWatch 2 device. To test your SmartWatch 2 app with the hardware, perform the following steps:
- Ensure that the SmartWatch 2 device is paired to a phone with Bluetooth.
- Ensure that you have the USB drivers installed for your phone and that it can be seen from DDMS in Eclipse.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Run your app from Eclipse. This will install the APK to your phone or tablet. Note that the APK runs on the phone, not on the accessory itself, therefore you will always need to have a Bluetooth connection active in order to run your app.
- Finally, on the accessory itself, select the icon for your app. Now you should see the app running.
- If you have made changes in your code and need to redeploy the app, just exit the app on the accessory then repeat steps 4 and 5.